What is Google Place
How do I put my business on Google Maps?Go to http://www.google.com/places and choose to Claim your business listing on Google - for free.
Then you can easily follow these steps. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to transfer your Google Places listing from one account to another so use an email you will be able to use later to edit any information.
First you will be asked enter you phone and Google will check whether you already exist.
On the next screen you simply fill up all your details. You can come back later and edit.
At the end you will be announced to receive a postcard to validate your listing within 2-3 weeks.
If there was the last call at Google airport not to miss the plane, it would be now. Only yesterday Google announced new Google place changes and its joining with GPlus and other features. It is all coming together and who is not using Google's features will miss out and not be seen.
Why is it important to be on Google Places?
So set up your Google Place today, engage in conversations with your customers on your Google+ and make sure you read your reviews regularly and respond to all of them.
(More on How to write a review on Google Place in next post.)
- Real-time collaboration: See updates from other collaborators as they edit the document.
- Higher-quality imports: More consistent imports from your desktop into Google Docs.
- Chat with other collaborators: As you make your edits, you can chat with other document editors about the changes, from within the document.
- Ruler: Google documents has a ruler for setting margins, indentations and tab stops.
What else is different?
- Offline document access via Google Gears
- Edit HTML
- Edit CSS
Which version am I using?
Transitioning from the old version of Google Documents
- Full-screen mode: Google has added some options to maximise your screen real-estate in the new version. You can remove certain toolbars and controls from the View menu by selecting Compact controls or Hide controls, which will hide the controls above the editing space.
- Greater editing space: If you're looking for even more space, it can also help to increase the editing space of your document. We encourage you to adjust the page settings if you'd like a larger editing space from File > Page setup (You may find the Landscape setting useful or the page size A4).
- Hiding the ruler: If you find the ruler unnecessary, you can disable it from View > Show ruler.
- HTML: We know that some users have used the older version of Google Documents as a lightweight HTML editor, especially for newsletters or to share with others. For this use, we encourage you to give Google Sites a try - which also allows easy sharing of a group website.
The first discs using this technology could reach capacity of 6 TB.
The HAMR technology uses a more magnetic stable recording medium which can achieve higher density of stored data for which is it more difficult to be changed by magnetization of the storage medium.
When saving, HAMR uses laser to locally heat the medium at the position where the data is stored
The new record density was achieved with HAMR technology (when compared to the previous technologies) by improving the recording material and the improvements made in optical recording headers.
Modern magnetic disk drives are using Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) technology for the last few years, with which data is stored without heating the medium and areas preserving the individual bits are magnetized vertically.
The available maximum of disks using PMR technology is 744 Gbit / square inch at the 500 GB 2.5 "drives in the plate by Toshiba. 3.5" drives from Seagate 1 TB plates have a density of stored data 620 Gbit / square inch.
Estimated maximum of PMR technology is only one terabit / square inch, which, according to Seagate should be achieved in several years.
Company has not specified at what stage of development are the HAMR technology hard drives and how the from demonstrated is far from usage in mass-marketed discs. Seagate only stated that the HAMR hard drives will reach the market in this decade.
Seagate anticipates that the company's first drives using HAMR technology will have a data density of slightly more than 1 Tbit / square inch and 3.5" models will have a capacity of 6 TB, 2.5" 2 TB models.
In subsequent years, the density should increase to 5 to 10 Tbit / square inch and within ten years from the start of using HAMR and 3.5 "drives will be able to get to the potential maximum capacity of 30 TB to 60 TB and 2.5" disk capacity from 10 TB to 20 TB.
- New registry key for hiding the Synchronization Status dialog for new users
- Disabled services are now indicated in the Synchronization Status
- "Error reported" fix
Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
US English Only
How to access what's new:
1. Update Google Apps Sync
- If your administrator installed Google Apps Sync: Updates are downloaded to your computer automatically, if your administrator enables automatic updates.
You can also download the latest version at any time from the Google Apps Sync download page.
2. For the update to go into effect:
If you have Windows Vista: Restart Microsoft Outlook®.
For more information:
Users on Google Apps domains with rapid release will see the totally new and redesigned version of Google Groups that offers a new and improved user interface, collaborative inbox, take and assign functionality, full multi-domain support, advanced search operators, new ways of viewing group content, and much more.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOWYou will see a horizontal blue bar toward the top of the groups page saying, “The old Google Groups will be going away soon. Switch to the new Google Groups.” Upon clicking Switch, you will see the new Google Groups.
What are Google Groups?A group is a online environment for discussing items related to a specific subject, such as soccer or GMail. A group can contain multiple topics. Topics are different discussions related to the group's subject. Topics in a group about soccer might be “What are the rules of the game?” or “Soccer game this Saturday.” Topics can contain multiple posts. Posts are replies from readers to the topic.
Google Groups is a Google product allowing you to create online and email groups. Google Groups is free of charge and available at www.groups.google.com. Following are some things you can do with Google Groups:
- Engage in discussions about a specific subject.
- Create a question and answer customer support group for a product, such as a piece of software you're company has written.
- Organize meetings, conferences, or social events among members of a group.
- Find people with similar hobbies, interests, or backgrounds.
- Read group posts through email, the online interface, or both.
- There are two types of Google Groups user roles: Participants and administrators. Participants subscribe to groups and participate in group discussions. Administrators create new groups and manage group members, discussions, and other settings. A role's permissions determines what a user can do within a group.
AdWords Express may help you win clients that you may have perhaps previously decided not to work with due to a focus that was too local or a budget too small.
With reduced setup times (just a few simple steps) and an easier than ever to use interface, it can be a great way to introduce small businesses to the possibilities of online advertising.
AdWords Express vs. AdWords
We're excited to announce three Gmail Labs graduations today: Automatic Message Translation, Smart Mute and Title Tweaks.
Automatic Message Translation
Did you ever dream about a future where your communications device could transcend language with ease? Well, that day is a lot closer. Back when we launched automatic message translation in Gmail Labs, we were curious to see how people would use it.We heard immediately from Google Apps for Business users that this was a killer feature for working with local teams across the world. Some people just wanted to easily read newsletters from abroad. Another person wrote in telling us how he set up his mom’s Gmail to translate everything into her native language, thus saving countless explanatory phone calls (he thanked us profusely). I continue to use it to participate in discussions with the global Google offices I often visit.
Since message translation was one of the most popular labs, we decided it was time to graduate from Gmail Labs and move into the real world. Over the next few days, everyone who uses Gmail will be getting the convenience of translation added to their email. The next time you receive a message in a language other than your own, just click on Translate message in the header at the top of the message,
The future of business is in the cloud.
-create higher profits and efficiency gains for your business.
Stay in touch with Fortix
- How & why to verify your Google Plus Page
- AdWords policy update: Unique sitelinks policy will be more proactively enforced
- HDD manufacturing is fully restored after the floods, however prices are not
- How to start using Social Media for your business
- Fortix is reaching out to Slovakian universities
- How to convince users to move from Outlook onto Gmail
- Google supporting modern browsers: Internet Explorer 8 support discontinued
- Business merger of Fortix & Echidna web design
- Project Mining Plus - Business Management Automated [CASE STUDY]
- Fortix is looking for a new offices to buy